Okay, folks. Today’s Feature Friday will be about as random as they come since it will be featuring the bits and bobs floating around in my brain. I had something more specific planned in addition to the randomness, but then my husband drove off with two essential items in his car (but only because I left them there) without either of us realizing it, so that’ll have to wait (I bet I’ve made you curious now, though! *insert evil chuckle*).
Plus, I thought this might be kind of, well, fun since I always have something specific I’m *supposed* to be writing about for each day of the week and therefore rarely get a chance to just “chat” with you guys. (By the way, it makes my day when you chat back).
1) Did you know we have a Facebook page for Five days…5 ways? (Search name: Five days 5 ways). I update with my posts each day, but I also add some pics that don’t make it on here and have status updates which are beyond interesting, I assure you. Um…yeah. It’s a work-in-progress, but I’d love to have you jump in on the fun if you haven’t already!
2) I am singing on the worship team this weekend with some really talented peeps, and I’m really hoping that my voice doesn’t crack when I lead “Hosanna” like it did last time I sang it. (I tried to pass it off as an “artistic thing,” but nope, it was just a crack).
3) We live in the boonies and don’t have 4G, so even though I blog, and my husband’s a computer programmer, we never have enough bandwidth to watch videos or movies. I know. My life is super-hard. Did you know there are people who don’t have enough food in many parts of the world? It’s true.
But in my sheltered little corner of the world, because our internet doesn’t have enough oomph to handle videos (without completely devouring our month’s allotment of web usage…it’s a boonies’ thing), I couldn’t use Netflix Instant to get any of your lovely miniseries suggestions from our discussion after yesterday’s post. That’s okay, though, because I already ordered Downton Abbey and Lost in Austen from Amazon using my husband’s Prime account. Have I mentioned how much I like you guys and your wonderful ideas?
4) Apparently, whenever I stray from my morning routine of Raisin Bran for breakfast (yes, I am a Senior-Citizen-in-training), my body gets really confused and thinks it hasn’t been given any food, no matter how many calories I supply it. I can seriously eat a big country breakfast and…my stomach will roar at me like a hungry lion…ess. Because, of course, my stomach is a girl. So far today, I’ve eaten two muffins and two pieces of fruit leather, and I might as well have not eaten at thing for all the good it’s doing. Grrrr… (That was me, not the lioness).
5) I have half an hour to get out the door (including dressing all three of my kids + myself, feeding the baby, and getting my things together for errands + taking a friend out for a birthday lunch + racquetball later with my hubby and brother). And I’m typing a post to you guys. You think I’ll make it? (Check out the Facebook page tomorrow, and I’ll let you know how it worked out…whoo, I’m sneaky!).
I hope you guys enjoyed our little chat and have an absolutely amazing weekend. I plan on doing the same. After all, God has given me breath in body, people who love me, and Himself. How could I do otherwise?Like what you read? Like M is for Mama on facebook (pretty please?):