This really should be a Secondhand or Bare Bottom outfit since everything I’m wearing is either thrifted or gifted (NOT gRifted : )).
But we had dinner at some friends’ house tonight, and I totally set my purse in a corner and then walked right out the door without it. Which means, I am currently cameraless, phoneless, makeupless, walletless…ugh. Anybody remember that Yenta quote from Fiddler on the Roof when she says that if her head weren’t attached, it would fall off and “a horse would kick it in the mud, and goodbye Yenta?”
Yeah, that’s how I’m feeling at the moment.
So, no pretty pics for you or SHOBB today.
I did, however, dig out an old point-and-shoot and snap a couple of quick shots when we got back home (at midnight, no less, which is the reason for my frizzy mop of hair…that’s my story, and I’m sticking to it).
But the bonus is you’re getting a glimpse of my upstairs sitting room, which, otherwise you probably wouldn’t have seen for ages.
Don’t you feel special?
You should. Because you are.
I feel like we should hug now.
Anyhoo, here are the pics (please remember the story of digging out the old point-and-shoot when you see them).
Top: Talbots (who knew?!)/Goodwill ($4), Shorts: Old Navy/GW, NWT ($4), Shoes: Gifted, Bracelet: Gifted
It’s hard to tell, but my shirt has cute little military epaulets on the shoulders and fun gold buttons. I’m usually much less preppy with my looks, but I was digging the crisp shirt with the sunny linen shorts and the sky-high wedges with matching gold buckles. My shirt was crisp, anyway, before I wore it while making guacamole and carrying the world’s cutest baby around on my hip…though not at the same time. Now it’s wrinkled and smells vaguely of granulated garlic.
I’ll close with a few reminders/heads-ups:
1) Be sure to come back a little later since I have a fabulous guest-post coming from Cori of La Vie Petite. Seriously, you won’t want to miss it. She’s adorable!
2) There’s a pretty stinkin’ fun giveaway in progress with not one but five lovely things you’ll get if you win. Be sure to check out the button in my upper right sidebar
3) My latest house reveal is the kitchen, which I posted late on Friday. So if you haven’t gotten a chance to see it yet, be sure to check it out. I welcome your feedback…unless it’s something about painting the cabinets white instead of teal. In which case, sorry. I’m still pretty enamored with the teal.
4) The Fit and Fabulous linky party is continuing throughout the week, so don’t be shy if you’ve got a fitness post you’d like to link up or an image you want to leave in the comment box. It’s all about accountability and motivation, so if you need either one of those in the working-out department, be sure to check it out!
5) I wasn’t kidding when I said you were special. In fact, you are fearfully and wonderfully made, and I’m very grateful for you!
Well, thanks, Heather. I appreciate your complimenting the wild hair-do. ; )
I’m beginning to think so as well!
That is a GREAT shirt, and I like the color combination you picked. Talbots is kind of secretly awesome.
i LOVE LOVE LOVE your shorts!! they are so cute!!
Can I just say how much I LOVE your hair?!! And as always, your outfit is darling. Love those yellow shorts.
LOVE your outfit, so freakin cute! K and you hair? You’ve got freakin GREAT hair! I’m jealous!
So cute! Your hair looks great!
Love this outfit!! Nothing better than a pair of shorts paired with a cotton button down, you look fabulous, and the price is unbeatable!
oh my goodness such a cute outfit for $8! love it! love the jean top with the yellow shorts…so cute