I hope you guys are as ready as I am for this week’s:
…the linky party where you share 5 things with pics of whatever’s on your mind.
This week’s theme is:
I would love it if you would link up (or leave comments about) whatever 5 simple pleasures you’re enjoying right now, but if you’d rather just link up 5 pieces of randomness or a different theme, I’m totally fine with that as well.
- Please link up to your specific 5 Things post rather than your blog’s homepage, and
- Please place the Five Things Thursday button (left sidebar) somewhere on your page or post so that others can join in the fun.
Happy list-making! : )
Here I go:
1. Perfectly toasted croissants drizzled with honey.
2. Reading with the boys
3. Nail experimentation (very successful? no. fun? yes.)
4. Ezra’s vastly improved drawing skills (though…we’re still working on scale—don’t let that tall flower see you; it could swallow you whole).
5. First bubble bath in who-knows-how-long + vanilla bean TGIF cheesecake (only made it through half), + newest issue of This Old House + phone date with hubby =
Okay, so I had this entire post written and ready to go and was just adding my linky code, when it blinked once, and everything disappeared. My heart jolted, but then I thought, “Oh, well, surely it autosaved.” Yep, but only the first two sentences. Groan.
So, depending on how you look at it, you were either robbed of a meatier post or spared my ramblings. Because, y’all, it’s past midnight, and I’m feeling pretty darn pumpkinish, so I will not be rewriting everything I wrote before.
So, how about you guys? I’m always so honored when you take the time to link up, and I love reading your lists each week, both in the linky and in the comments. Y’all rock!
P.S. I will be sharing my closet makeover later on today at Design Build Love so that Ashley can catch a break to take her law exams. Whoa! Good luck with that, girl! Be sure to check out her fun blog! Lots of great DIY inspiration and projects to be found there!
Simple Pleasures….lets see here:
1. the sound of my children’s genuine laughter
2. a giant piece of my SIL’s homemade chocolate cake (enjoyed one this weekend….yes I did!)
3. Sleeping on fresh clean sheets
4. Quiet time in the evening after the kids go to bed to catch up on things or just hear myself think
5. The smell of my 7 month old baby girl…..wanna capture it in a bottle 🙂
Attaching a pic of my baby girl (since I think she smells so sweet) wearing a pink flower I made her….maybe that would be simple pleasure #6….fabric flowers….love ’em!
This is my favorite time of year so my simple pleasures are all autumn related.
1. Walking on crunchy leaves
2. Pancakes smothered in maple syrup
4. Snuggling in a fleece blanket
5. Hot chocolate
hahaha, my post isn’t very meaty either. I’m up w/ kids and they’re distracting. A bubble bath sounds awesome right now. Or, ya know, my bed 🙂